Monday, August 29, 2011

The beginnings of a grown up wardrobe

Like I mentioned in my first post, I plan on purchasing one staple every month to get started on my adult/professional wardrobe.  It's time I start dressing my age!  These are what I hope to be my future purchases:

August: a pair of navy blue TOMS - purchased yesterday as a birthday present to myself!
September: Dark wash trouser cut jeans - I would like to find a pair that not only fit, but will last me a long time!
October: This pair of booties from Blowfish in black leather - I have never had a stylish pair of boots!
November: A great white button down shirt - A classy staple for women
December: A cardigan (maybe cashmere) in a color like black, gray, or red - something that goes with almost everything
January: A comfortable pair of black dressy heels - I'm not a "high heel" person, they're usually so uncomfortable but I would like to find a nice pair that I can actually walk in
February: Black dress pants - A well-cut pair, in a nice material
March: A fitted jacket - maybe leather?  or like a blazer...something fabulous
April: A nice pair of flats - maybe with the pointy toes?
May: A brown leather belt to add at the waist of my favorite sun dress or over a cardigan/skirt combo?
June: Pencil or A-line skirt - something in a rich material
July: A good quality pair of sunglasses - basically anything is an upgrade from my $3 Wal-Mart pair!

Aside from my staples, I would like to try and re-work a few pieces from my current wardrobe to make them work better for me.  I have a grey pair of trousers that need to be hemmed, because I am very short,  a jean jacket that needs a little re-shaping, and  a sundress that I can make a little more flattering. 

As soon as I get my TOMS in the mail I hope to post up pictures!  I want to share my wardrobe journey!

No comments: